Books and External Resources About Sustainability for the Cocktail Bar
Below are external resources to people, websites, and books about sustainability for the cocktail bar. Not all of these have been reviewed by us, and these links do not necessarily imply endorsement.
Experts, Consultants, and Speakers on Sustainability for Cocktail Bars
- The Trash Collective/Trash Tiki
- Iain Griffiths and Kelsey Ramage, both formerly of the Mr Lyan group, are international speakers and educators who have spoken in front of thousands of bartenders on sustainability issues over the years.
- Tin Roof Drink Community
- Chad Arnholt and Claire Sprouse are educators and consultants "spotlighting green bar initiatives through sustainable design projects, beverage programing, educational initiatives, individual consultations, and community outreach."
- Outlook Good
- Claire Sprouse of Tin Roof Drink Community recently (May 2020) launched a new initiative. Information forthcoming.
- Book review: All Day Cocktails: Low (And No) Alcohol Magic
- Tin Roof Cocktail Carbon Calculator
- Optimistic Cocktails from Outlook Good - Digital cocktail book addressing food waste. "100% of proceeds goes to support employee staff funds and undocumented workers’ relief funds from across the country."
Books And Websites about Sustainability in General
- Carbon Footprint
- Recycling and Composting
- RecycleThis.co.uk Information and ideas on how to reuse and recycle many different and random objects.
- Food Waste and other waste
Food/Restaurant Sustainability Resources
- Zero FoodPrint
- FoodPrint.org - A consumer-focused information source about lowering impact of foods we eat and waste.
Using Food Scraps and Fermentation
These books have not been reviewed by us unless stated. Links are to Amazon.
- No-Waste Kitchen Gardening: Regrow Your Leftover Greens, Stalks, Seeds, and More (No-Waste Gardening)
- Waste-Free Kitchen Handbook: A Guide to Eating Well and Saving Money By Wasting Less Food
- The No-Waste Vegetable Cookbook: Recipes and Techniques for Whole Plant Cooking
- The Beginner's Guide to Zero Waste Cooking: How to Make the MOST out of NOTHING in the Kitchen
- Cooking with Scraps: Turn Your Peels, Cores, Rinds, and Stems into Delicious Meals
- My Zero-Waste Kitchen: Easy Ways to Eat Waste Free
- The Art of Fermentation: An In-Depth Exploration of Essential Concepts and Processes from around the World