CocktailGreen.org was made possible by the support of Patrón Tequila.
Want to learn more about Patrón and view tons of educational programming in a Facebook group geared toward bartenders? Academia Patrón is the brand education platform for tequila education, hosted by dedicated tequila aficionados.
Tune in for programming such as “Academia Live!” that airs every Tuesday at 8pm ET.
Academia Live! Features the Patrón educational team in late-night TV show mode, exploring the most in depth questions in the Nerd Corner, playing your new favorite game show “Hey Hey, You’re On Mute”, cooking in the Patrón Test Kitchen with David and Joe, and exploring all things ginger and cocktails with Gingerbartender Stephen Halpin.
Join Patrón’s Sustainability Summit and Bartender Email List
Want to keep up with Patrón’s initiatives and programs for bartenders? Join the mailing list at this site.
Hacienda Patrón Sustainability Summit
CocktailGreen was originally set to launch at the 2020 Hacienda Patrón Sustainability Summit in Atotonilco El Alto, Jalisco, Mexico. While COVID-19 may have shelved the Summit for the year, CocktailGreen is live and updated every week!
Want to know what the 2020 Hacienda Patrón Sustainability Summit looks like? Here’s a recap of the 2019 Summit.
- Water treatment and reclaiming water used in the production process. Treated stillage water is used throughout Hacienda Patrón in cleaning, gardens, and in the facility’s cooling towers.
- Using natural gas as the main energy source to lower CO2 emissions.
- Utilizing acoustic screens around the cooling towers to reduce the noise pollution for the community.
- Funding studies at an agricultural research center in Mexico to Weber ensure the sustainability of Blue Agave; the results of which will be shared with the entire industry.
- Composting leftover agave fibers into fertilizer, not only from the Patrón distillery, but from 10 other nearby distilleries (for free), creating 5,500 tons of fertilizer each year. The compost is used to grow produce in Hacienda Patrón’s organic garden, to fertilize agave fields, and is used in fields, parks, and gardens that serve the community.
- Donating 16,000 trees in their hometown of Atotonilco el Alto, Jalisco, and relocating rather than destroying 3,000 lime trees from their own property when they needed to expand.
- Ensuring a minimum price is paid to their agave growers even when the market is oversupplied.
- Sponsoring employee initiatives including offering an after-hours education program, partnering with local universities to reduce costs for studies, offering flexible work hours, and free employee transport to and from the distillery every day.
- Supporting charitable organizations locally and globally, including support to a local food bank that offers essential supplies to over 1,000 families, helping providing food, shelter, and education for two orphanages, and helping fund food programs, disaster relief, civic organizations, and other important causes around the world.
Visit this page to learn more and watch videos about Patrón's initiatives.