Plant Growing Systems/Devices
Honey - See the Sweeteners Page
Examples of Bars Growing Their Own Produce
- One of the owners of Duke's Spirited Cocktails in California has a greenhouse and farm on which many items for the bar are grown.
- At Acorn in Vancouver, they have a planting service to plant the garden each year in a nearby property, and then there is a schedule of kitchen help and bartenders who harvest the produce and herbs. More.
- Rooftop Gardening, Beekeeping, Composting for the Bar at Charlie Parker's in Sydney
- Video of Urbana in Washington, DC "6 tips for building a rooftop garden" As an Italian restaurant, they save tons of money on basil alone.
- Video "Best rooftop garden - over 400 different plants on one roof in Bangkok"
Growing Herbs In the Bar
Tara Heffernon says that it would be hard to grow most herbs (rosemary may be an exception) inside a bar without constant plant rotation.
- Create a Landscaping Policy and Maintenance Plan video